05 March 2010

The invisibles (a short rant)

I was wondering why Bisexuals are so misunderstood... Bex went trolling for a support site for people dating Bisexuals/married to bisexuals and found a slew of misinformation, scared women/spouses and more questions than answers. Most gay guys I've talked to don't acknowledge the term and neither does most of pop culture.

I believe 100% that I'm confused but not for the conventional reasons that bisexuals are so "confused." I'm at a stage in my life where I need to figure out my priorities and figure out what it is that I want to do. That being said I know that I have TONS of growing up to do, but I'm secure in the fact that I'm attracted to both sexes.

My personal theory about why Bisexual doesn't exist amongst most people is that there isn't an example out there... let me explain. If I went up to a random person on the street and said "Name me one gay celebrity that is a guy" I'm sure somebody would say Adam Lambert, Neil Patrick Harris, TR Knight, Nathan Lane, the list goes on and on. Ok now how about a Lesbian celebrity... Ellen Degenerous, Wanda Sykes, Portia De Rossi, Sarah Gilbert.... the list goes on and on.... Ok now how about a bisexual celebrity... Angelina Jolie, Christina Aguilera, Drew Barrymore... Now how about a famous celebrity who is a bisexual man :

the list is very short and well most aren't relevant.

I don't know If I'm just trying to prove my point or if I'm not doing my research correctly. Mike Manning of the RWDC is the only currently bisexual guy in the media. I think Brad Pitt should play for our team, I think that will get a few people to change their stance. :-)
  
I'm just ranting and whining now, but that's ok. My plans for today, nap, clean, toss a couple of drinks back with Mr.V.

I work every day next week except Thursday! Thats 72 hours of work for 1 week! OMG I'm going to be tired, so I'm going to live it up today and Sunday, my only days off. :-(

I'm looking into possible starting to see a therapist bc I found some suitcases in the closet and all this baggage is weighing me down. That and I don't want to bore you with all of my daddy mama drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment