16 January 2011

Appreciation for breakfast

I'm not going to bust out in a Aretha Franklin song but I wanted to pay some homage to the men in my life that I respect.

The first would be to Mr.Aussie who is having one hell of a time right now in Australia. His area of Brisbane had severe flooding and he has been working night and day to help the people around him. We're fb friends and I can see all that he's doing via status updates. He helped organize over 60,000 volunteers to assist with the flood recovery. I see pics of the recovery center that he's working in and all the good that he is doing. He also very lovingly helped his friend Clinton who is a boy in the same boat that I'm in. I can see most guys being apathetic to bi issues, but he helped Clinton through some of the hardest things that we bi guys go through. He truly cares about other people, which is almost unheard of in our sometimes self centered lives.

The second would be Davey Wavey. I've never spoken to him directly but I've followed his blog for a while now and I get a sense of who he is. I'm learning daily exactly how healing we can be to ourselves and how we shouldn't take things for granted. I appreciate his views on health and wellness and of course his sense of humor. He brings some light into my life and hopefully for my bday I'll buy his fitness program and bring some muscle into my life. If you don't know who he is you gotta check out his blog. I appreciate Davey for being who he is and being open, balanced and above all... honest.

Both of these boys have demonstrated or expressed their beliefs on the responsibility that we have as individuals to look out for one another. That we as people should be more responsible for our actions and what we say. I feel refreshed and renewed while reading their blogs and attain a little more hope in humanity. I very much respect what they are doing and value what they have to say.

I'm having a big fat bowl of appreci-O's for breakfast. I'll ttyl b's and g's... I've got some lust to contain for another blog post.
Love B♂bby

2 comments:

  1. Bobby: I knew there was another side to you, the one that looks beyond yourself to our larger community. As much as I enjoy the flirting about boys, and BL, and toys, and toys named BL, getting to see other aspects of you is equally interesting. It makes me appreciate you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a sweetheart, Bobby! :-) You really are. I am only doing what I can, and trying to be a better person too.

    ReplyDelete